Followers

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Thinking activity on The old man and the sea.

Hello readers, welcome to my blog, here is my response about the task which was given by Hena ma'am on the old man and the sea(Short novel).


About Ernest Hemingway  :-


He was an American journalist, novelist, short - story writer and nates sportsman. His economical and understand style - which he termed the iceberg theory had a strong influence on twentieth century fiction.
His Notable Awards :- 

 :- He got Pulitzer prize for fiction (1953)
                                 
 :- Nobel prize in literature (1954)


About Novel in brief :- 


The old man and the sea is a short novel written by American author Hemingway. It was the last major work of fiction by Hemingway that was published during his lifetime. Whole novel swings between victory and defeat. It was a story about An old man's struggle , he was a skilled fisherman ; which he supposed to prove infront of society. He wants victory in his life. Throught the novel with a boy's eyes we can see the character of an old man. The novel's structure and plot was very good, limited characters, huge message we got with many interpretation.An old man many times dreamed about lion.  We can see theme of love, life and alienation. In novel sea symbolizes the universe and at the end sea makes the old man tragic hero. Manolin,  a great fish which was caught by an old man symbolizes the youth of Santiago (old man).
Now let's talk about some Questions and answers :-
Que: -1). Do you have any such person whom you recall in the crisis?
Ans :-  Yes, I have a such person whom I recall in the crisis. They were my parents from them always encouraged alot in all crisis or bad condition. One more person was my teachers from whom I inspired. This people are those from I got new strengths to fight back with more energy.

Que :- 2). What is the importance of that person? Why?
Ans :- So, This kind of person have a specific importance for me in my life. Because whenever I need some one they are always ready for me. Whenever I loose my self, think negative or not ready to stand in bad situation. We need this kind of inspiration person in our life to motivate us. So we can throw more energy on crisis.

Que : - 3). What is the importance of dream of lions in the novel?


Ans : - In the novel, an old man repeatedly sees dream of lions. For him, to catch manolin is a victory. From dreaming of lion he gets courage and strength. According to me, if we gone to image about lion, then lion is a full of victory, strength, happiness, bravery and power. Whenever he is sad he is imaging the image of lion and he became happy, gets new courage and strength, power. The spirit of lion inspired him.

Que :- 4).Do you have any such scene or image you frequently like to visit?
Ans :- Till today I haven't think about this kind of scene or image. But here I have to give Answer. I want to visit a specially image or scene from which I got new strengths, power, courage, happiness. I should continue with new freshness. I should got new spirit to move further in life. The image or scene shuolud like it emerges in our good as well as in  bad time.

Que :- 5). What is the reason of your obsession for that scene?
Ans :- I don't have any specific reason for obsession for that scene.



Que :- 6). Replace the old man with yourself. How would be the approach if you fail like the old man in life ?
Ans :- If I have to replace myself with oldman. Then I am not forcely going to proved myself or skills to society. Whatever we have done in our life there are certain question on our ability which some times maybe we don't able to fulfill. In novel, oldman caught the marlin he proveved himself yet he had nothing to left back when he returned from sea. If this situation happened with me then for a little bit time, I was disappointed with myself. Then I have to accept the reality. We should do whatever we want to do in our life. We don't have to worry about society. But still to give Answer for society is more essential in this modern era.

Thank you..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assignment paper no-15. Mass Media and Mass communication.

Assignment Topic:- Mass media and communication Prepared by :- Divya Vaghela Batch :- 2018-20 Roll no :- 07 Enrollment no:- 206910842...